Blue Skies Forever: Science Man Seeking Science Woman?

Friday, February 18, 2005

Science Man Seeking Science Woman?

Is our poet laureate, the esteemed Science Man, looking for love? Did the passing of Valentine's Day--in a foreign land, no less--lead that great mind to ponder, more broadly, the passing of time--and in that, his role as a solitary beacon of learning? Mightn't the beacons burn brighter together? An attentive reader sends us the following post from Craig's List Berlin:


Seeking Science Woman
Reply to: anon-********@craigslist.org
Date: 2005-02-16, 5:36PM CET

Accomplished scientist and poet seeks science woman for companionship.

About me: I am a man of the arts and sciences; as an undergraduate, I received high honors from the College of Arts and Sciences, and I have subsequently received numerous awards in both fields.

About you: You understand Einstein's Theory of Special Relativity, vector analysis, and Sergeant Pluck's Atomic Theory. You appreciate the arts. You practice good personal hygiene.

About us: Frolic with me--in the dewy fields, in the Dewey stacks. By Saks or thrift, I shall purchase for you the finest silks. Short shrift, be gone! Wan? no longer. Want? No longer. I am content

with you

my queen.

Final note: You must be willing to accept my dog, Raw.



Raw

1 Comments:

Blogger immigrantsun said...

"you must be willing to accept my dog, raw"- subtle and distinctly tasteful

3:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home