Blue Skies Forever: A Thumbnail of a Cassanova, and Some Musings on Love

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

A Thumbnail of a Cassanova, and Some Musings on Love

Over the weekend, we received the following e-mail from our friend A.C., a noted "ladykiller" and man about town. Those looking for tips on how to improve their wooing skills could do far worse than to consult A.C. However, we must all always remember that Cupid rhymes with stupid, and that, as The Persuaders so sweetly sang, it's a thin line between love and hate...

Damon, I figured you'd appreciate another tale from A.C.'s world of dating.....

I was supposed to go out to lunch with ------- today (30 year old girl). I left a message on her phone last night saying I'd made reservations at Jake's (really $$$ seafood joint) and that she should dress cocktail/business casual. I thought I sounded sarcastic enough that she would know I was kidding. Apparently not. She sent me an email this morning to confirm we were indeed going to Jake's. After I responded to her saying we weren't, she emailed me back to say she was no longer interested in going out. I think she actually dressed up and got really pissed after I came clean about the plan. Now she won't call me back. It's 1pm pacific time and I've yet to hear from her. I'm assuming she's genuinely pissed off. I'll call her tonight to apologize, but that's it. If I get the answering machine, I'll leave a message and wipe my hands of the situation. It will be on her if she wants to continue seeing me.


Well, there you have it, folks. Love is sometimes treacherous--but it has its rewards. And while we are on the subject, let us take this opportunity to tell you that when that cherubic archer pulled another arrow from his treasured quiver; when, sitting atop his fluffy perch, he released it from his trusty bow; when we felt its sweet, deep, golden-headed pierce, it was you that we thought of. In other words, Dear Readers, we love you.



1 Comments:

Blogger youshouldntdothat said...

m'awwww

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home