Blue Skies Forever: Ron Dejais, On the Prowl

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Ron Dejais, On the Prowl

From the "where are they now?" category: many of you may have been wondering whatever happened to Ron Dejais, the impudent, semi-literate, adolescent 26-year-old who challenged the esteemed Science Man to a "poem-off" in February. Well, wonder no longer, Readers! This is the first of two installments on Ron's struggles since his failed challenge of Science Man.


We caught up to Ron in Telluride, CO, as he was returning from a road trip to Vegas, where he shot a video for Seattle-based rapper Lil' Kriz's song "Vegas", and also joined a bachelor party for his friend, The Ace. (Rumor has it that, after spending $4,000+ at the Hard Rock Cafe, Ron and several other revelers tacked on another 'g' or two with their in-room entertainment).



Ron's stash of cash and other goods had dwindled to trace levels, and his credit cards were nearly maxed out. He was cruising the resort town's bars, hoping to get picked up by "some old rich woman, so I'll have a place to sleep. I've been sleeping in my car and I'm starting to get a little tired, not to mention ripe."


Ron, upon entering Telluride



Weren't you on "Designing Women"? Care for a nightcap?


Unfortunately, Ron was not successful ("I asked a group of women where the hot nightlife was, and they told me to keep walking down the street and I'd find it. They wouldn't make eye contact with me; it was strange. I followed their directions until I saw a sign that said 'Thanks for visiting Telluride!'"), and dossed once more in his rental. To make matters worse, his beloved Seattle SuperSonics fell behind the San Antonio Spurs, one game to zero, in their best of seven, conference semifinal series. Adding injury to insult, the Sonics lost sixth man extraordinare Vladimir Radmanovic for the series to a badly sprained right ankle.

Nevertheless, Ron remained defiant. "I may smell," he explained. "I may be broke. I may not be able to get laid by old, rich women in Telluride. But there is no way," here, his voice dropped into a throaty, crazed whisper, "no way that the Sonics will lose this series."

Stay tuned for the next installment, when we visit Ron in his natural habitat of Seattle's Georgetown, where his spirits rise and fall with the fortunes of his Sonics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home