Blue Skies Forever: We're So Vain, We Probably Think This Post Is About Our Beard (It Is!!)

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

We're So Vain, We Probably Think This Post Is About Our Beard (It Is!!)

Greetings, Loyal Readers!

Things have been a bit busy over here, making blog posting difficult. Today, however, our friend A.C. sent us a link that we thought might amuse you. So without further ado:


The World Beard and Moustache Championships



Our hope of entering the 2007 competition has been roundly mocked--especially by our ever-supportive girlfriend, Katie. Further, our ex-girlfriend, the Furminator, derided our beard as "patchy" and "pubescent." Well, readers, we have photographic evidence to the contrary. Below, you will find our application photographs for the categories "Best Full Beard, Natural" and "Best Saturday Night Goatee, Freestyle." Eat your hearts out, ladies!




Best Full Beard, Natural



Best Saturday Night Goatee, Freestyle





**BONUS BEARD LINK**







I'M the handsome one!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're not vain, just not too much of a realist i guess. i find your beard growing skills particularly impressive. you look very short in your photos. :)

actually, maybe since you're in law school you could provide feedback on a recent email I received from my new landlord (addressed to myself and my roommate):

"I have some gripes we need to deal with today.
First, MAJOR problem with the recycling today. I basically had to pull everything out and start over.
Plastic cannot be put in the recycling bin. There were several different pieces of plastic in different locations in there. Plastic bags and the like can be recycled but they must be put all in one bag, separate from the rest of the recycling, and be obvious to the utilities what it is. Additionally, there were some holiday gift bags that had stuff inside and attached that are not recyclable. I took the liberty, as long as I was in there of breaking down the extra boxes that were in the garage so they would not clutter the area for another 2 weeks (MTW - I am assuming you don't mind and I'm sure you would have done it yourself eventually so no worries there). There should be info on recycling rules in the black binder.

Second, James - It has become apparent that your presence in the garage is growing on a nearly daily basis. I was quite clear from the outset that minimal storage would be allowed. I alloted you two shelves and bike space. In addition to the alloted 2 shelves and your bike you currently are taking up space in the garage with the following: misc stuff on parts of two additional shelves, two empty boxes in back corner, 3 wheels, several skis behind shelves, boards under/behind the cabinet, 3 bags dog food, and large unidentifiable black shelves or broken down parts.
This is unacceptable. It is not your prerogative to take over spaces because you think it is harmless.
Your rent does not include using my garage as a storage unit. I understand that you are a bit of a gearhead, but that is not my problem. I will allow the skis to stay behind the shelves, the one board by the cabinet, and 2 bags of dog food. Otherwise, I expect you to limit your storage to the space originally alloted. Please note that this is the allotment for the apartment NOT per person. Do not think of hiding anything else behind the shelves or cabinet. That would clearly be in violation of the spirit of this email.

Thank you for your prompt cooperation.

Lisa"

Any feedback?

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home